Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Prized Possession

Prized Possession

Matt Wise

My most prized possession is my grandma’s salsa recipe. This is her own recipe she created and it is different than others. She cooks the peppers making the whole house smell of them. My mom would tell me all about it when she was young. My Grandma never gave the recipe to anyone. Her daughters would ask for it, but she never gave it. I always wanted it, but she would just make me the salsa. I have never had a really good connection with my grandparents since they only spoke Spanish. Every family event we went to, I would have to have an aunt or uncle translate for me. In fall of 2015 my grandma became very sick. Everyone including her knew she would not make it. I was in her hospital room when I remembered to ask for the recipe; she never had it written down, it was all in her head. I asked my mom to ask her for it and she gave it to my mom in Spanish and only wanted to give it to me. My grandma is a huge catholic and always talked about the good and success she wanted all her kids and grand-kids to have. She was always like this, but it was a huge when they immigrated to the U.S. it was hard for two immigrant parents to be very successful with 6 kids in the time period. When she was finished giving the recipe she told me to perfect it and start selling it; she believed I would make a fortune from selling it. My mom told me not to tell anyone the recipe, even family members. This recipe is important to since it was given to me, and my grandma never told anyone it until she was on her death bed.


http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/restaurant-style-salsa-recipe.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment